Vietnamese Grilled Spring Rolls Recipe
Vietnamese Grilled Spring Rolls Recipe : Together with Pho, spring rolls is the most well-known Vietnamese dishes to the foreigner. It had lots of ingredients but very easy to make and can be changeable depends on the taste of the cook. The dipping sauce also takes very important role for the good spring rolls dish.
Ingredients to make 20 Vietnamese grilled spring rolls
- 20 – 25: Rice paper wrappers (some may be broken)
- 310 g: Ground chicken (or half crabmeat, half ground pork)
- 20 g: Green bean thread vermicelli
- 1: Carrot, cut into thin strips
- ¼: Cabbage, cut into fine strips
- 2: Green onions (scallions), minced
- 5 g: Sugar
- 2.5 g: Salt
- 2.5: White pepper
- 15 ml: Oyster sauce
- 3 cloves: Garlic, minced
- 45 ml: Vegetable oil (extra oil may be required for deep frying)
- 1: Egg
- 1 sprig: Lettuce leaves
- 1 sprig: Mint leaves
- In hot water, soak vermicelli for 5 minutes until soft. Drain, cut into 2 in lengths and reserve.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to wok or pan. Add garlic and chicken (or crabmeat and pork) and cook about 8 minutes, mashing with a fork so they do not clump together.
- Add cabbage, carrot, green onions (scallions) and vermicelli to cook on high for about 3 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Turn off heat, add salt, sugar, pepper and oyster sauce. Stir to mix well. When mixture is cool, brush each side of the rice wrappers or dip them hot water to moisten them or they will dry and break.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each wrapper, turn sides in first, roll and seal each with beaten egg. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat extra oil in wok or pan. Deep fry rolls until golden.
- Serve on lettuce leaves garnished with lettuce and mint leaves.
- Serve with bottled sweet chili pepper sauce or nuoc cham sauce