Braised Eggplant With Minced Pork – Vietnamese Food Recipes
How to cook the Braised Eggplant With Minced Pork? Let’s follow Vietnamese Food Recipes !
There are several tasty and beautiful dishes from eggplant. The eggplant itself not very tasty but after braising with pork, it has great harmony taste of meat, vegetable and garlic. The Vietnamese Braised Eggplant With Minced Pork dish is very good to serve with rice, especially for vegetarian.
Ingredients to cook braised eggplant with pork mince for 4 people
- 2: Large eggplant, weighing about 400 g
- 125 g: lean pork, finely minced
- 1 cm: Galangal, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons: Nuoc cham sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon: Pepper
- 1 clove: Garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon: Oil
- 4 sprigs: Coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
How to cook this Vietnamese eggplant dish
- Prick the eggplant several times with a fork.
- Grill or bake in a preheated oven, 190oC (375oF), Gas Mark 5, for about 35 minutes for large ones and 25 minutes for small ones or until they are soft. You do not want to let the skin burn.
- Allow them to cool, then peel them and cut in half lengthways.
- While the eggplant are cooking and cooling, mix the minced pork in a bowl with the galangal, nuoc cham sauce, pepper and garlic. Leave to stand for 35 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Quickly stir fry the minced pork and all its marinate. Divide the minced meat into 4 portions.
- Arrange the eggplant on 4 individual plates and top with the mince.
- Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with light soy sauce and nuoc cham sauce to taste.